Friday, December 31, 2004

Quick Hits

Lest you think that because I was away I was not checking out the blog world, let me assure you that this was not the case. Here are some things that caught my eye and/or amused me:

The Kama Sutra illustrated on gingerbread cookies. Complete with instructions!

A gallery of pulp SciFi magazine covers featuring women. I present, Babes in Space.

What do you get the person who has everything? How about a meat air freshener? Mmmm, meat.

Music from Bollywood has often fascinated me. I love how they often take western music themes and mix them up with Indian beats and their own melodies. It's particularly intriguing when you see the films as well, but the music often stands on it's own. The problem is where to jump in when you see a soundtrack in a store. There are compilations for sale as well, but why pay for a compilation when you can get one for free? Bollywood for the Skeptics is an excellent mp3 introduction that will hopefully inspire readers to buy more of these soundtracks. What's even better is that Rick Elizaga was inspired to put together album art for those of you who download the tracks. Enjoy!

Finally, lest you think that I don't listen to rock much anymore, take a listen to Ted Leo and the Pharmacists. Leo's voice has an uncanny resemblance to early Joe Jackson. The music is sort of retro to early British punk and the lyrics on the latest album, Shake the Sheets, are mostly political. They'll be in Seattle on February 13th at Neumos.

No comments: