Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day dinner

My plans for Valentine's Day dinner were a little bit scuttled. I had hoped to make an Indian dessert that I've made a few times in the past that the co-signer likes a lot. It's Chenna balls in a rose scented syrup. Unfortunately, due to schedule issues for both of us, I wasn't able to get to that but will instead put it together this weekend.

To make up for it, I made a dinner for us last night. The co-signer had a long day planned. She didn't get home until after 8PM. I baked some halibut covered in olive oil, salt, pepper, grated lemon rind, and thyme. When it was done I topped it with some fresh mango salsa. For a side dish I made red quinoa pilaf adding sauteed onion, garlic, carrot, celery, red bell pepper, and almond slivers to the grains. We shared some rosemary bread as well.

Between dinner and a lovely arrangement from Fena Flowers Valentine's Day was a big hit.

----------------
Now playing: Olivia Ruiz - Pas si vieille
via FoxyTunes

No comments: