Sunday, June 12, 2005

Dickie's Quickies

Whew...much has gone on this week. In addition to working full time cranking out candles, I went to see Gang Gang Dance on Tuesday night. I won't go into details here, but it will suffice to say that an opening act was kicked out of the club, a protest by the main act ensued, cops were called in, but their services were not needed. Oh, and it seemed to be caused completely by an incompetent club manager who is a leering troll. I got in at 2AM from that show, was up by 6 and at work by 7 the next morning. Whoo hoo!

Friday afternoon and evening were spent with my friend Annie. Annie has been living on Maui, where she grew up, for the last 3 or so years. I have not seen her since she left. We lost touch and then, of Friday, we got back in touch. Her situation on Maui has been rather intense and so I did a lot of listening and holding her in my arms and trying to let her know that she's loved and trying to help her come to good decisions about her life. I don't know if I helped all that much, but it's always nice to see Annie no matter what the reason. She's special. That was another night home late - 1:40AM. At least I didn't have to be at work the next day and, luckily, Shawn was in a lazy mode yesterday as well. For instance, we eventually sought out brunch 12 hours after I got home. We did get some things done after that - I made a pizza for dinner while Shawn froze a flat of fresh, local strawberries that we picked up at the market. Today is more of a lazy day (Shawn finished school this week, so she's in gel mode). We're going to watch movies and relax. I've invited Annie by to see our house, if she has the time.

So here are some quick links of some amusing sites:

The Flaming Fire Illustrated Bible features artistic interpretations of several tales from the King James re-write (Is the Bible the first mash-up? Is it the first re-mix? Hmmm...)

WaterOne does some very cool art involving 3D interlocking letters and Haida art.

Richard May does fabulous illustrations that display a command of rich colors and graphic design.

One of the music blogs that I read, WomenFolk, has a compilation online to celebrate their one year anniversary promoting independent female songwriters. They also have downloadable cover art.

Armed Fetus Ornament - 'nuff said.

No comments: