Monday, January 10, 2005

Credit where it is due

Regular readers here will note how much I tend to slag Microsoft for their browser - it's security holes and lack of respect for standards. It's only fair, then, that I give them there props when they deserve it. Thus far, I must say that their anti-spyware software, while not without bugs, is pretty damn slick. People have reported on other blogs about how the interface is so clean. That doesn't matter to me in the least. I'm pretty utilitarian and as long as it has the features that I want and does it's job, then how it looks and "feels" doesn't really matter to me. What matters to me is that despite the fact that I run other software to prevent spyware on a weekly or daily basis, Microsoft's product still found 4 vulnerabilities.

While I'm still skeptical and will only add this to my arsenal until I'm assured that Microsoft's product is actually superior and all encompassing, I must say "Bravo!" for the work thus far (done, of course, by the good folks at Giant before Microsoft bought them last month, but Microsoft should be applauded for having the good sense to find them).

No comments: