In a completely different venue, Oklahoma Senator Tom Colburn decided to use Star Wars puns in a recent presentation to Capitol Hill staffers while they lunched. His presentation, however, was not on Darth Tater, but rather on STDs.
Fliers pictured a Yoda figure crying, 'Stop the STDs, we must,' and Darth Vader warning, 'Never underestimate the power of the STDs.' Star Wars music greeted the guests.
Speaking of sex, Jennifer Jasko does some wonderful pin up art.
Speaking of art, Gris Grimly creates art inspired by Gorey, Tim Burton, et al.
Feeling insecure after looking at the Grimly art? You'll fear worse after reading the Wired story on the LexisNexis data breach in which 300,000 individuals personal information was stolen. From the Security Samurai, who provided the link:
Yes, you got it! A police officer was flirting with a 14 year old girl and receiving pictures from her and therefore provided, unwittingly, the keys to the castle. Lovely.
It seems a hacker posed as a 14 yr old girl and was chatting with a police officer from Florida. The hacker sent the cop a slideshow of nudie pics that were supposed to be her and it contained a virus that scanned the officer’s machine and found a username and password to a LexisNexis database used to support law enforcement. They stumbled on it by complete accident, but did not stop there.
Finally, Friday's random 10 songs:
1) Afro Celt Sound System - Persistence of Memory
2) Lou Reed w/Steve Buscemi - Broadway Song
3) DJ Zebra - Avertissement
4) Sounds of Terror! - Burned At The Stake
5) Darrell Banks- Angel Baby (Don't You Ever Leave Me)
6) Zeb - Prelude Fugue (Zeb Vs. Piazolla Mix)
7) Tsehaytu Beraki - Atzmtom Kerkisom
8) Jim Carroll - Excerpts from The Basketball Diaries
9) DJ Prosper - Adjudant Gereus
10) Ministry - Effigy (from the album that they keep trying to forget)
It's going to be 91+ degrees here in Monroe today. I'll be looking for some place cool to hang out.