Thursday, August 12, 2004

First Post

A friend of mine suggested that I begin a blog. I'm not certain how much I'll post or when. On Saturday, my partner and I went to the eastern part of Washington (east of the Cascades, that is) and bought 2 cases of peaches, 1 case of nectarines, a bag of apricots and a bag of plums. I've canned the apricots as jam and have begun to can the nectarines in a light ginger syrup. I'll spend the rest of the day today canning the remaining nectarines and the peaches. If I have the time, then I'll try to decide on what to do with the plums.

Canning 6 quarts takes about an hour and a half from start to finish, so I don't know if I'll have the time to get to the plums. Plus, we're supposed to reach 85 today and that makes for a very hot kitchen! In fact, I should be attending to that rather than posting on the blog. Ah, procrastination, I know thee well.

No comments: