Monday, October 10, 2005

Thunderbird 1.5 Beta 2 and Webmail

Some time ago, I downloaded Thunderbird 1.5 Beta 1 and I found that I wasn't able to access either my Hotmail of my MSN accounts. That was a drag. I updated the extensions and still wasn't able to get them. Then I updated to the Beta 2, but still couldn't get the updates. I just went to the Mozillazine forums and into the extensions discussion and sure enough, there have been new updates for Webmail and it's Lycos, Hotmail, Yahoo, and MailDotCom extensions. I downloaded, updated, re-created my MSN and Hotmail account settings (just to see if that would help), and sure enough, I've got access to them again! Yay! Since I went to the trouble of importing my address book into Thunderbird and cleaning it up as well, and since Thunderbird receives all of my accounts and has native spell checking, I can now seriously think about switching over to it for my mail, newsreader, and RSS feed reader.

No comments: