Monday, December 05, 2005

Body modification

Not my thing, actually. Oh, I admire other people's body modifications, but I'm not about to mess with my own. I don't see the need or attraction for myself. To my mind, a lot of people do it today because they are caught up in a culture which promotes artifice in every sector. One plus for body modification is that some things will never be considered "main stream" and that the user does it to her/him self. It's not like someone's thrusting the latest trends in nipple studs on you through most magazines or billboards. You see a lot of tattoo promotion these days, but piercing is another matter altogether.

And speaking of another matter altogether, I suspect that even the piercers would find some of the ideas at Human Upgrades to be a bit beyond the pale. Once again, I admire the work and thoughts, but not my cup of tea.

No comments: