Friday, December 30, 2005

Friday Random Ten

Thank goodness I was reading blogs this morning while listening to tunes on shuffle. I got the random ten done on time! Oh, and thank goodness that I have audioscrobbler on and that Last.fm keeps a list of the tunes for me otherwise I would have completely forgotten. That said, here's your random ten:

1) Paul Weller - Roll Along Summer
2) Martin Denny - Pearls (Mexican Pearls)
3) Queen - Drowse
4) Okkervil River - For Real
5) Little Axe - Grinning In Your Face
6) RIAA - Bop Don't Run
7) Mariza - Transparente
8) Balla Et Ses Balladins - Banbo
9) Isaac Hayes - Do Your Thing (live)
10) Alka Yagnik & Udit Narahan - Taal Se Taal

Quite a good list this week. Paul Weller's a mainstay. We were just listening to Martin Denny last night - he died this year and we were mourning the loss. Okkervil River is making some top ten lists this year (not mine, but good stuff). Little Axe is amazing blues meets electronic dub. RIAA's track is from a mash-up album from him. Lots of world music (for once! - those not in the know, I listen to a LOT of world music). Isaac Hayes - the world is a better place when he's on your list.

No comments: