Sunday, February 12, 2006

Fresh bread


Mmmmm...two fresh loaves of bread that I made this morning. The recipe is from the Tassajara Bread Book. The loaves are made with half whole wheat flour and half all purpose flour. I added sesame, poppy, and fennel seeds to the tops. In the past I have flavored the loaves with honey or molasses (the latter being my favorite; it also turns the bread dark brown). This morning I used sorghum to flavor the loaves. I'm interested in finding out how they taste with this sweetner. Sorghum is about half way between honey and molasses in richness of flavor.

One of these loaves will be wrapped and go into the freezer while we eat the other one with sandwiches for lunch through the week. Some time next week I'll pull out the one from the freezer and thaw it in the refrigerator for a day so we can eat it.

Also this morning, I made a coffee cake from the Tassajara Bread Book. It came out of the oven just before these loaves went into the oven. No picture of the coffee cake, I'm afraid. It was decimated during breakfast and before I thought to take pictures. Posted by Picasa

No comments: