Thursday, September 09, 2004

Another view of the Fatherland

Charles P. Pierce published an article in American Prospect Online today with some revealing insight into the current administration and the media. This quote, in the article, is not from Pierce, but rather White House chief-of-staff, Andrew Card:

“It struck me as I was speaking to people in Bangor, Maine, that this president sees America as we think about a 10-year-old child. I know as a parent I would sacrifice all for my children.”

Given my supposition that they baby boomers act like spoiled children who deny responsibility and lack the desire to lead, I can understand how the administration might perceive things that way. Of course, the one at the head of this is the most selfish little brat of the bunch with a sense of greed and entitlement that, in a more level headed generation, would disqualify him from any position of power.

Then again, is anyone surprised that the elites in the media and Washington might look down upon the average people of America. When they look out, they see either simpleton farmers or Springer show finalists and rejects. They see sheep to be herded from one policy decision to the next. Propaganda, as it has been practiced by every administration since Wilson is the dog that keeps the herd together.

No comments: