Sunday, October 03, 2004

Squirrel Season in La.

The NY Times reports on squirrel season begining in Evengeline Parish Louisiana. Now, I don't recommend squirrel hunting. I'm a vegetarian. However, the article did contain this choice quote from one of the few women to participate in the squirrel hunting season, homecoming queen, Alycia McDaniel, "Excitement rushes through your body when you see a squirrel and you say, 'I've got to shoot it,' " she said. "I like the trophy of it. It's not a deer, but I like to go with my boyfriend. If I kill more than the boys, they clown on them."

There's also a picture of Ms. McDaniel on the website in camoflauge shirt wearing her homecoming crown. All of which goes to remind me of Julie Brown and her classic song, Homecoming Queen's Got a Gun.

"The crowd was cheering, everyone was stoked, was stoked

I mean it was like the whole school was totally coked or something
The band was playing Evergreen
And all of a sudden somebody screamed

Look out! The homecoming queen's got a gun!

{Refrain}
Everybody run, the homecoming queen's got a gun
Everybody run, the homecoming queen has got a gun"
You can view the video on Julie's site (link above).

No comments: