Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Dickie's Quickies

Yesterday was a nice, relaxing day. I canned many apricots and dried some more. I've still more to do, but I'm seeing the end of the second case, now. Of course, coming back into work there are orders waiting for me to fulfill. This is a good thing, but my major concern is how I'm going to meet a 25,000 piece order by the end of next month. If I were doing it myself, I'd hire another employee for the month and make arrangements for supplies and equipment. Unfortunately it is not up to me alone and I'll have to send out an email to convince the powers that be to get off of their rear ends and start making plans.

We began reading the latest Harry Potter book last night. Like the masses, I picked up a copy on Saturday. Fred Meyer's had one when I went there during the afternoon, so I didn't stand in line or go to the midnight parties. The BBC today reports that the book sold nearly 9 million copies in the first 24 hours in the U.S. and U.K. This shatters the previous record, held by the last Potter book, of 5 million copies in the first 24 hours. Pretty damn amazing that this series has grown that much in popularity.



Doron's blaagh has an amusing report on a website calling itself, DOM Scripting Task Force. As Doron writes:

First they call "DHTML" outdated and replace it with sexy names like AJAX (yawn) and DOM Scripting (what, no acronym?). Their manifesto is all over the place. One section talks about not fearing to learn JavaScript, though isn't their intended audience JavaScript developers?. They then blame the developers for not making accessible web applications and discuss how one could write such "unobtrusive" DOM Scripting.


Feministing yesterday reports on an AP article that notes that birth control patches are 3 times more likely to cause dangerous blood clots than birth control pills. The number is still very small, but it is giving some women cause to think about the delivery method.

Here's a small QuickTime video of Iggy Pop and David Bowie on the Dinah Shore show. The look on Bowie's face when Iggy tells of cutting himself with glass is amusing.

If you're a woman and you're having difficulty finding the right position that provides complete satisfaction from your pleasure partner going down on you, then perhaps you should try The Fun Stool. Then again, maybe you should invest in pillows.

No comments: