Friday, July 22, 2005

Dickie's Quickies

After the reported Greasemonkey security hole, I'm trying out another extension for Firefox: NoScript. Basically, NoScript prevents Java scripts from running unless the user allows them. The user can temporarily allow them or activate them altogether. Thus far, it seems to be working fine. I'm in that "learning" mode of the software, so I get a lot of notices from it about sites and then have to tell it that I trust this site. Still, I'd rather have that than some bad bug. Besides, it's mildly interesting to see how many java scripts some sites are running.

Madness have a new album out next month. The first one in years and my preliminary listening leads me to say it sounds better than they had on the last couple of albums. The fun ska boys are back.

No comments: